The folks at Paramount Pictures have revealed to the world, with the help of Yahoo and USA Today, the list of robots that will be featured in Michael Bay’s upcoming sequel Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. And instead of making you go to two different places and read the reports for yourself, I’ve picked apart the lists and combined them to make one awesome list below.
- OPTIMUS PRIME: The Autobots’ leader – alternate form: Peterbilt truck.
- IRONHIDE: Weapons specialist – GMC Topkick.
- RATCHET: Medic – Hummer H2.
- BUMBLEBEE: Friend and mode of transportation for Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf) – 2010 Chevorlet Camaro.
- ARCEE: A female Autobot – Megan Fox’s hot-pink motorcycle.
- JETFIRE: As in the original, this fighter plane crash-landed on Earth a long time ago, and he will become a reformed Decepticon now fighting for the humans. His alternate form is the SR-71 Blackbird, the outdated but still-sleek Cold War spy plane.
- JOLT: the original toy was a Decepticon, but in the movie he’s a good guy – Chevrolet Volt plug-in hybrid.
- SKID & MUDFLAP: a.k.a. “The Twins” – Chevrolet Beat and Trax concept cars.
- SIDESWIPE: A candy-apple red Lamborghini in the original, joins the cast this time as General Motor’s silver Corvette Stingray concept car.
- STARSCREAM: Formerly Megatron’s second in command, he escaped at the end of the first movie (see photo); F-22 Raptor jet.
- SCORPONOK: The mechanical scorpion that attacked the American troops in the desert.
- THE FALLEN: an ancient robot, sort of the Transformers’ version of Lucifer. He’s one of the original robot aliens, and his defiance and arrogance led to his banishment into another dimension. The screenwriters say that The Fallen holds the key to life on both Earth and Cybertron, the Transformers’ home planet.
- SIDEWAYS: The Audi R8 seen crashing through a building in the trailer.
- SOUNDWAVE: A cassette player in the original toys; his alternate mode will fly. According to the screenwriters, this evil communications officer will appear as a orbiting space satellite.
- RAVAGE: A four-legged, cat-like robot (seen in the trailers and pictured above).
- THE DOCTOR: A spider-like droid that transforms into various implements of torture and has a not-so-nice encounter with star Shia LaBeouf.
- WHEELIE: A small, radio-controlled truck.
- DEMOLISHER: One of the Constructicons that transform into construction vehicles.
- DEVASTATOR: A giant robot formed by the Constructicons joining together; individually, they are: Scavenger, Scrapper, Hightower, Longhaul, Rampage, Overload and Mixmaster.
In addition these lists, the USA Today also had a few quotes from Michael Bay and members of his creative team. One in particular that stuck out was Bay describing the reaction Steven Spielberg had when he first saw The Fallen in action: “Spielberg saw it and said, ‘This is (expletive) awesome!’ ” Bay says, and adds: “It’s always nice when you can make him swear.”
If you ask me, I think it’s all ****ing awesome as well. Yet another thing Mr. Spielberg and I have in common.
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen hits theaters on June 24, 2009. Check out some new photos below — mostly courtesy of Megan-Fox.net — including a first look at The Doctor, the Decepticon mentioned above.