We’ve received word from a highly reliable source — otherwise known as the official Star Trek website — that a new trailer for the J.J. Abrams-directed reboot will be online this coming Monday. An official countdown has appeared on the site which counts down to 10am Pacific / 1pm Eastern on Monday, November 17th. As well, sources have revealed that the Star Trek trailer will be attached to Quantum of Solace, which hits theaters on November 14th.
In addition to this information the folks at AICN also received a report from someone on the Paramount lot who saw the trailer this past weekend. You can read the full report here or check out some bullet points, which were assembled by our friends at Slashfilm:
- A 60’s style corvette convertible tears down the road, a policeman in hot pursuit.
- The driver, a 13-year-old boy, leaps from the car right as it goes off a cliff.
- Reveal: the policeman has a hover bike
- The Policeman asks “Who are you? What’s Your Name?” The boy answers “James Tiberius Kirk!”
- Kirk years later, a young man (Chris Pine) is riding a hover bike
- Voice Over: “You never found yourself here, you never really fit in. What you choose to do with you’re life is up to you.
- Young kirk stares at a huge futuristic structure, possibly Star Fleet headquarters or the factory where the Enterprise is being constructed
- Maybe you were meant for something different, something… bigger.”
- Shots of Spock as a baby, toddler, and then a 20-something-year-old Spock yelling at Kirk
- Quick cuts of spaceships and lots of other fun stuff
Star Trek is scheduled to hit theaters on May 8, 2009.
Comment Policy: No hate speech allowed. If you must argue, please debate intelligently. Comments containing selected keywords or outbound links will be put into moderation to help prevent spam. Film School Rejects reserves the right to delete comments and ban anyone who doesn't follow the rules. We also reserve the right to modify any curse words in your comments and make you look like an idiot. Thank You!