Tonight in the wide world of entertainment news, we’ve gone down the rabbit hole of nerd pleasures. From a wedding officiated by Patrick Stewart to Hugh Jackman’s hands to Brad Bird inserting curse words into Star Wars to our undisputed queen of nerdom, Anna Kendrick, it’s all about the love in Movie News After Dark.
- Hugh Jackman’s claws are out – In new images from the upcoming flick The Wolverine, we will get to see Logan bring out the claws. Not that it was ever a question, as a thoughtful, broody, action-less Wolverine film is about the furthest thing from what we can expect, but just in case you were wondering. Yes, he’s got the claws.
- Ian McKellen will officiate Patrick Stewart’s wedding – Which means that Patrick Stewart’s wedding will be the best wedding of all-time ever. If there was ever a reason why no one else should get married because it will only end in disappointment, this is it.
- How Brad Bird would have tuned up Return of the Jedi - And subsequently made it better, according to this report from Esquire. Sure, it’s third-hand information given to Patton Oswalt. But who’s to say that we can’t trust Patton Oswalt. I’d trust that man.
- Chris Rock to take on showbiz – Now that he’s a writer, director and actor, Chris Rock is working on his third film. Something along the lines of a comedic send-up of the entertainment industry. Something like Funny People, but with Chris Rock (and probably shorter, better, actually funny).
- Anna Kendrick, nerd queen – You have no idea the crush we’ve got on Ms. Kendrick. And unlike most of our Hollywood crushes, this one starts with her personality.
- You really don’t want Game of Thrones to last 10 seasons – Over at i09, Charlie Jane Anders explains all the reasons why we don’t just want the series based on George R.R. Martin’s books to go on forever. As much as it sounds like a good idea right now, it might not be such a great idea 8 years from now. That said, we’re still pledging our allegiance to House Kendrick, as per the above.
- When you talk in a movie, Spider-man kills James Franco’s father – We’ll just leave this right here…
Comment Policy: No hate speech allowed. If you must argue, please debate intelligently. Comments containing selected keywords or outbound links will be put into moderation to help prevent spam. Film School Rejects reserves the right to delete comments and ban anyone who doesn't follow the rules. We also reserve the right to modify any curse words in your comments and make you look like an idiot. Thank You!