What is Movie News After Dark? It’s about to be your deviant nightly gut punch of pure awesome. Pure. Awesome.
Our evening begins with a look at the new Alamo Drafthouse in Austin, TX. Some of you may be wondering, “why lead with something so local in a column that’s read in over 50 countries?” Because it’s relevant to our upcoming barrage of coverage from Fantastic Fest. You see, the Alamo Drafthouse South Lamar is where Fantastic Fest lives. This year, it’s been repainted to look like it’s part of the movie Frankenweenie. Next year, it will look like the futuristic CineMecca you see above. The booking of flights for Fantastic Fest 2013 begins now, friends.
1. Chris Evans on Captain America: Winter Soldier – “They had all those deleted scenes with The Avengers… A lot of that stuff [that was cut] is for Captain America 2. That is his story. It is him trying to on a personal level adjust to the fact that everyone he knows is gone and the whole Peggy Carter of it all. There are a lot of things that he kind of has to come to terms with.”
2. How the Internet gave The Master its title – According to Paul Thomas Anderson, he found the title for his latest movie on the Internet. Some think it was The Playlist that named it, but I know that PTA was really looking for something else…
3. Rupert Wyatt will not Ape again – According to new reports, the director of Rise of the Planet of the Apes will not return for the film’s planned sequel. The guy who came up with that long title is still on, however, and is planning an even longer title this time around. The Continued Rise, Rebellion and Conquest of the Planet of the Apes is so money, and he knows it.
4. Game of Thrones: The Web Series? – Fans of George R.R. Martin are trying to put together a web series that’s a prequel to Game of Thrones, and they need $10,000 of your fan money. I say lets make it happen.
6. New Hobbit pictures – Do these need an introduction? No they Bilbon’t. (I crack myself up. It’s so… precioussss…)
7. Great Showdowns – Here’s an example of the new Gallery 1988 show featuring artist Scott C and his Great Showdowns. This one’s from a personal favorite, High Fidelity. “Get your patchouli stink outta my store!”
8. A Halloween remake pitch – Federico D’Alessandro, an animatics supervisor at Marvel Studios, created a badass pitch reel for a remake of the John Carpenter classic Halloween. See it to believe it below. This is the greatest remake of Halloween that you’ll never see, hands down.
Links provided by Zergnet, which sounds like a villain but is really quite helpful.
Comment Policy: No hate speech allowed. If you must argue, please debate intelligently. Comments containing selected keywords or outbound links will be put into moderation to help prevent spam. Film School Rejects reserves the right to delete comments and ban anyone who doesn't follow the rules. We also reserve the right to modify any curse words in your comments and make you look like an idiot. Thank You!
Some movie websites serve the consumer. Some serve the industry. At Film School Rejects, we serve at the pleasure of the connoisseur. We provide the best reviews, interviews and features to millions of dedicated movie fans who know what they love and love what they know. Because we, like you, simply love the art of the moving picture.