Hello horrorhounds and other deviants and welcome to a Release Date Roundup. Every now and then I like to keep you informed about what’s on my radar in terms of upcoming theatrical, DVD, and rarely, straight to TV releases. Below you’ll find what films to add to your Netflix queue or your Amazon Shopping cart. Films in bold will be reviewed before or at the time of release for sure – we’ve either already requested or received the films. Most of the others we’ll try to make sure we get our bloody little mits on too.
- Knowing March 20th, Theatrical (Awesome disasters)
- The Haunting in Connecticut March 27th, Theatrical
- After Dark Horrorfest Volume 3 March 31st, DVD (Autopsy, The Broken, The Butterfly Effect 3, Dying Breed, From Within, Perkins’ 14, Slaughter, Voices)
- Donkey Punch April 7th, DVD
- House April 7th, DVD
- Vinyan April 7th, DVD
- Splinter April 14th, DVD (Winner: FSR Best Horror Film 2008)
- The Burrowers, April 21st, DVD
- Laid to Rest April 21st, DVD
- 100 Feet April 26 Sci-Fi Premiere
- Martyrs April 28, DVD
- The Uninvited April 28, DVD
- The Grudge 3 May 12th, DVD
- Plague Town May 12th, DVD
- Underworld: Rise of the Lycans May 12th, DVD
- Eden Log May 19th, DVD
- My Bloody Valentine 3D May 19th, DVD
- Drag Me to Hell May 29th, Theatrical
- Pontypool May 29th, Theatrical
Summer and fall aren’t totally filled in yet, but here are the big releases you want to look out for.
- All the Boys Love Mandy Lane, July 17th, DVD (Finally?)
- Final Destination: Death Trip 3D, August 28th, Theatrical
- H2, August or October, Theatrical
- Jennifer’s Body, September 18th, Theatrical
- The Crazies, September 25th, Theatrical
Remember, release dates are subject to change at any time, for no reason, to bury good films and shove bad ones down your throat. Be sure to keep an eye out for reviews of many of these films and our continual catch-up on horror films we’ve missed.
Which of these releases have you the most excited?
Comment Policy: No hate speech allowed. If you must argue, please debate intelligently. Comments containing selected keywords or outbound links will be put into moderation to help prevent spam. Film School Rejects reserves the right to delete comments and ban anyone who doesn't follow the rules. We also reserve the right to modify any curse words in your comments and make you look like an idiot. Thank You!